Part-Time Office Manager
NTFC Local 6546 is looking for a part-time office manager to assist with the daily functions of a non-tenure track faculty union. Preferred applicants would have experience working with academics and / or labor unions.
- Provide material support for and serve as point of contact during events
- Attend select committee meetings to document proceedings
- Handle communications
- Compose both print and digital documents
- Update and maintain membership database
- Create reports based upon database queries
- Produce support materials for organizing activities
- Staff office hours and answer member inquiries
- Willing to work flexible hours
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written, proofreading, and oral communication skills
- Previous office administration experience, particularly in higher education or with other unions
Hours and Compensation: Part-time position (20-26 hours/wk) with compensation commensurate with qualifications
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to Kay Emmert, NTFC President, at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Office Manager” by July 7, 2017.
Cover letter should address how applicant’s experience would relate to working with a higher ed labor union.
Anticipated Start Date: July 24, 2017
The Non-Tenure Faculty Coalition (NTFC) brings together non-tenure track (NTT) faculty members at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign for purposes of collective bargaining. Our local union is affiliated with the Illinois Federation of Teachers, the American Federation of Teachers, and the American Association of University Professors.