We are proud to announce that we have reached a tentative agreement on the full contract for August 2019 to August 2023.
After more than a dozen bargaining sessions, meeting weekly, we have reached an agreement addressing all the priorities we heard from our members.
Among other things, the agreement guarantees:
- Merit pools for every year of the contract
- Merit pools include a minimum pay increase
- Increases to the pay-floor
- Professional development funds for every single person every year of the contract
- Compression raise for those who have been employed at least 5 years
- Solidifies current promotion structures in the collective bargaining agreement
- A one-time signing bonus to alleviate increases to health insurance in the first year
- Multi-year contracts for the professorial track, and those outside the professorial track retain the 1+1 rolling benefit
- Process for gaining access to the library after retirement
- Improved union rights to data about our unit and presentation time at new faculty orientation
- Departments will have to publicize workloads for full time positions, so it’s clear that extra work requires extra pay
In the coming days, you will have the opportunity to review the full contract language in order to vote on whether you think the union should ratify the contract.
This would not have been possible without your commitment to showing up at bargaining sessions, communicating your priorities to Stewards, and the Call-the-Provost action this week. NTFC is an entirely member-run union, so this win belongs to everyone who committed their time to making it possible.