Recently NTFC was alerted by a bargaining unit member that HR “lost” multiple elements of their personnel file. Due to the uncertain scope of this lapse, we’re advising all members to review their personnel files by immediately requesting them from HR.
Those requests should be sent to the Associate Director of HR, Jessica Mette: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ability to check your file is your legal right under the NTFC contract’s Article XIV and the Illinois Public Record Review Act (IPRRA). We advise all members to periodically review your personnel file’s contents as you would your credit report. A good time to check is when there has been or if there’s about to be a change in your department administration (e.g. Executive Officer retirement or transfer).Article IV provides members rights that go above and beyond IPPRA, too. Did you know…
- The personnel file shall contain materials pertinent to the academic and employment related activities of the bargaining unit member,
- Your signature on disciplinary or evaluative material confirms only discussion or receipt of those types of documents, but indicates neither agreement nor disagreement.
- UIUC and your EO shall not gather or keep records of non-academic or non-employment related activities or information
So when you review your personnel file please carefully confirm that:
- All previous performance evaluations are present
- NO records of non-academic or non-UIUC employment related activities are present (e.g. nothing outside your UIUC employment)
If you have questions or encounter any issues when conducting this review please contact us at email@example.com.